What be going on? Not a whole lot new with me. Hung out with my buddy Cory who’s back from Montana for about a week last night. It’s good being around friends… I like my friends in Perham, but I do hang out with less of a variety of people than I ever had. To be honest, probably my least favorite thing about living where I do is the lack of people my age. I guess to anyone who is a longtime reader (is there really such a thing), this isn’t news.
Dot… Dot… Dot…
- I think I got hit on this morning… I won’t even lie, I don’t always know for sure whether a girl is hitting on me or not. To be completely factual, 95% of the time, it’s pretty much a complete shot in the dark as to whether I know or not. I’m pretty sure that I got hit on as I went to get a latte this morning. I don’t know exactly what it is, but getting hit on before like 8 in morning is just golden. Maybe it’s just me, but at 8 in the morning, I don’t feel good, I don’t think I look good, and I certainly don’t think I can carry on all that great of a conversation. Plus, living in Perham, there aren’t a whole lot of living, breathing girls around my age who aren’t complete wastes of space (plenty of those, unfortunately!), so simple things like that make ya smile.
- If they don’t even have a hockey season this year and I still buy ESPN NHL 2K5, am I somehow purchasing a collectable or something? Instead of a hockey game this year, they should try to capitalize on the popularity of gambling right now and release a World Series of Poker featuring all the stars of hockey. Can you imagine going heads up holding a pair of queens against Eddie Belfour for a $100,000 pot? Even better, they can put Jeremy Roenick’s face on the cover. Can you honestly think of a better celebrity endorsement than that? The only thing I can possibly think of is an OJ slow street racing gaming or maybe a game where you play as Nate Newton hauling grass from state to state without getting caught by the long arm of the law.
- So I’m watching Saved by the Bell: The College Years the other day. (Man, I wish every sentence I said started out with that!) Anyways, the whole series was only 18 episodes. It took all the way until episode 9 until Zack and Kelly first hooked back up after high school. Fast forward to episode 11 and she’s kinda-sorta-but-not-really cheating on Zack with Professor Lasky who, by the way, is a complete tool! In episode 12, Zack tricks Kelly into kissing him. Kelly gets mad, but then gets dumped by Professor Lasky. It isn’t until like episode 16 that Zack starts to get real desperate in his attempts to get back Kelly. In episode 17, Zack proposes and then in episode 18, they are making wedding plans. Honestly, who does that? I know they went out in high school, but who goes from being broken up to being married in like a four episode span. The one thing which always bugged me the most about the wedding is that everybody made it to the wedding except Leslie. For the life of me, I can’t figure this one out. She was the richest out of all of them, so it’s not like she couldn’t afford to come or anything. Plus, it’s not like she’s jealous. She only had a crush on Zack for like the first two episodes. Plus, she’s knockout – girls like that just don’t have trouble meeting guys.
- Answer me this – why do I get emails about the size of Hotmail’s accounts increasing all the time, yet every single day I check my hotmail, I see that I’m using like 81% of 2 MB. I don’t use it for a whole lot anymore (mostly to collect junk emails!), but why taunt me saying I’m going to get more space if you’re not going to do it right away?
- The ultimate debate – I can rejoin the local health club for 26 bucks a month. I’m absolutely torn on whether or not I want to do this. Part of me wants to do it because it is the only way I can get into swimming. At the same time, I hate going there because they only have three treadmills and a 15-laps-equals-1-mile (yuck!) track. I don’t lift weights (in case that wasn’t a little too obvious looking at my skinny physique) and there really isn’t anyone around who plays a moderately competitive game of pickup basketball anymore. While I hate running on the track, it would be nice in the winter because I could do speed work and because the track has a pretty nice soft/giving surface. But at the same time, I can go to the workout facility at my place of work and run on the treadmill. In lue of speedwork, I could do hill work, tempo runs, and some VO2 max runs. Intervals would be tough, but I don’t do a whole lot of intervals to begin with. Most of my running this winter will be outside in the horrendously cold weather, anyways. Unless the temps hit about -10 or below, I’m still probably going to want to run outside anyways because it’s less boring. But at the same time, running on the track or on the treadmills is going to be much easier on my legs. Another thing that I should mention is a six-month membership is out of the question because it’s only like a few bucks cheaper than a full membership and I won’t go there once in between about April and October. As you can see, I don’t know that I”m ever going to find a good solution to this problem…
- Have you ever noticed that every musician or actor will toss in the “I think this is some of the best work I’ve ever done…” line into every single interview you ever see them do? I mean, even when Jersey Girl was coming out, you heard Kevin Smith say how it’s the film he’s most proud of and blah-blah-blah. Now that it semi-flopped in theaters, you hear him talking about how he realized it kind of stinks. By the way, being a true View Askew fan, I’ve got the movie coming in the mail anyways.
- I can’t believe Kobe Bryant is getting of so easy. And by getting off, I don’t mean that I think he’s total guilty and he cheated the system or anything like that. I think he did what any rich person would do and hired the best lawyers his money could buy. I thought that he would at least have to go all the way through the legal procedings to fight it, though. Kinda makes that “she isn’t in this for the money” claim seem a little lame, now, though doesn’t it? This once again proves everyone’s theory that rich people don’t go to jail (see: OJ, Puff Daddy, Enron executives). Anyways, the reason I mention this is because I was going through my books the other day and I grabbed a book I read about two years ago called Jump Shot by Mike Lupica. Anyways, it’s about the best player in the NBA (which Kobe is NOT!) who gets charged with rape. It’s really wierd because, although it is fictional, it addresses situations like the victim not wanting to come forward and the player being a bit of a target. If you’re ever bored, I think I picked it up for like three bucks. It’s not the best book I’ve ever read, but I think you’ll be able to see what I mean.
- Here’s the links to a few t-shirts I would buy if I could actually wear t-shirts more than like twice a week (boo on work dress codes!):
A political shirt that pretty much sums up my thoughts on the upcoming election.
I would buy this shirt except someone would probably actually think it’s a NASCAR shirt. You see, most people that watch NASCAR can’t read good.
Tell me this isn’t a cool shirt? People that “get it” are guaranteed to chuckle…
Never been to New Mexico, but I’ve been to regular Mexico. You know some idiot would take offense to this shirt even though it’s hilarious.
Much like the Speaker City shirt, people that get this are going to think it’s a good t-shirt.
They captured my favorite moment from any chick flick ever on a tshirt… how cool!
Now I can be cool like my boy Johnny!
Well, that’s all I’ve got right now. I’m gonna head out to Cory’s house. Not a whole lot going on this weekend. Tomorrow I’m going to the Perham High School football game. Saturday morning, I’m going o run with the cross country team. They’re going 12 miles and I’m tacking on an extra 18. Saturday, my friend Adam is getting hitched, so I’ll be there. Not a whole lot else planned, though. I’m off…
If you’re out on your bike tonight, do wear white,